The Georgia Poetry Society meets quarterly throughout the year: January, April, July, and October (usually on the fourth Saturday of the month, but not always). Our meeting locations change each quarter to fulfill our mission of service to the entire state of Georgia. For the most recent or upcoming events, please see our Events page. The Current Newsletter page also details this information. Select the latest newsletter with upcoming meeting details and other poetry news.
Our meetings usually include the following:
- Open mic—an open poetry reading where each person reads one short poem.
- Member readings—GPS members are frequently invited to read from new publications and contest-winning works
- Featured Poet—an accomplished poet presents his/her work and offers a Q&A follow-up and book signing.
- Poetry Writing Workshop—an opportunity to examine and practice a particular aspect of the craft of poetry writing.
- Contest Awards—winners of our contests are recognized, awarded their prizes, and given opportunity to read their winning works.
- Social Opportunities—a time for meeting other poets over coffee, refreshments, and/or lunch. If you want to attend a meeting and order lunch, please see the current newsletter for information and an order form.