OUR NEXT QUARTERLY MEETING
SATURDAY, JANUARY 23, 2021
You are invited to a Zoom quarterly meeting of the Georgia Poetry Society.
When: Jan 23, 2021, 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
10:00 Call to order, with Steven Shields presiding. Welcome and announcements
10:10 Open mic 1
10:30 Announcement of 2020 contest winners
10:50 Initiation of the 2021 Board and Officers
11:00 Reading, with Julia Caroline Knowlton
11:30 Open mic 2 (if needed) and final announcements/discussion/questions
12:00 Meeting adjourned
See the website front page for information on our speakers.
Quarterly Meetings occur 4 times a year in January, April, July and October. We usually meet on a third or fourth Saturday of the month. Meetings usually go from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m, approximately. They are located at various sites around the state. Everyone is welcome whether a member or not. At events where lunch is provided, lunch reservations are required. Go to the Current Newsletter page to select the latest newsletter with all the upcoming meeting details and other poetry news.
The following are some of the things you can expect when you attend one of our Quarterly Meetings:
- Open mic morning and afternoon for poetry readings, usually limited to one poem per person
- Multiple guest poets giving workshops and reading their poems
- Recently published members reading their poems
- Fall Contest winners awards and readings (January)
- Youth Contest winners awards and readings (April)
- Chapbook Contest winner reading from their new book (April)
- National Federation of State Poetry Societies contest winners from Georgia awards and readings (July)
- Presentation of our annual anthology The Reach of Song (July)
- Presentation of Awards For Excellence, member poems selected for publication in The Reach of Song (July)
- Fellowship with other poets from around the state, especially at lunchtime
- Opportunities to purchase GPS and member publications: anthologies and Chapbook Contest winners, even a discount table