Quarterly Meetings occur 4 times a year in January, April, July and October. We usually meet on a third or fourth Saturday of the month. Meetings usually go from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m, approximately. They are located at various sites around the state. Everyone is welcome whether a member or not. At events where lunch is provided, lunch reservations are required. Go to the Current Newsletter page to select the latest newsletter with all the upcoming meeting details and other poetry news.
The following are some of the things you can expect when you attend one of our Quarterly Meetings:
- Open mic morning and afternoon for poetry readings, usually limited to one poem per person
- Guest poets giving workshops and reading their poems
- Recently published members reading their poems
- Fall Contest winners awards and readings (January)
- Youth Contest winners awards and readings (April)
- Chapbook Contest winner reading from their new book (April)
- National Federation of State Poetry Societies contest winners from Georgia awards and readings (July)
- Presentation of our annual anthology The Reach of Song (July)
- Presentation of Awards For Excellence, member poems selected for publication in The Reach of Song (July)
- Fellowship with other poets from around the state, especially at lunchtime
- Opportunities to purchase GPS and member publications: anthologies and Chapbook Contest winners. Members are also invited to place their books for sale.